Task 1.1 Produce a report on ‘improving the sustainability within a business environment’ by ‘analyzing the benefits of keeping the waste to a minimum’.
The practice of environmental sustainability helps to ensure that the needs of today’s population are met without jeopardizing the ability of future generations to meet their needs. Environmental Sustainability is one of the most important issues of our time. It is also one of the most controversial issues of our time. Waste is not something that should be discarded or disposed of with no regard for future use. It can be a valuable resource if addressed correctly, through policy and practice. With rational and consistent waste management practices there is an opportunity to reap a range of benefits (EPTRI, 2017). Those benefits include:
Economic – Increasing economic efficiency by using the market for resource consumption, treatment, and disposal and rebuilding can result in inefficient production and use of products and materials which are valuable materials for recycling and new jobs and the potential for new business opportunities. For demolition, earn revenue from salvaged building parts and recycled materials (Richman, 2017).
Social – Recycling generates social benefits for the corporation of Pizza Hut. Contribute to strong community development relevant to recycling corporate communities. For example, bringing their employees together for a common goal of recycling could create a more organized corporate culture (Richman, 2017).
Environmental – By reducing, recycling, and recycling, the adverse effects of the environment can be reduced or removed and reducing drainage extraction, helping to improve the air and water quality and reduce greenhouse gas emissions (Richman, 2017).
Task 1.2(a): Write a report on the agreed procedures for ‘recycling’
Although recycling seems like a simple, simple initiative, it is actually quite challenging. Customers of Pizza Hut are dependent on multiple factors including the ability to recycle our pizza box, at work, at public places or in our stores, local government policies and paper matching, and access to recycling markets such as plastic processors. Variations of recycling include upcycling, which involves adding value to an item for reuse, and downcycling, which involves breaking down an item or substance into its component elements to reuse anything that can be salvaged (Godin, 2017).
Our Recommended Resources:
Pizza Hut is a leading retailer to support access to recycling programs across the globe. With city change, the current patchwork system is challenging and confusing so that customers can know when and when their cups are reused or composed. With the National League of Cities, the Pizza Hut Model is supporting the law and the best practices that can be accessed more widely, ensuring consistency and reducing confusion about what materials can be recycled or compostable (Godin, 2017).”The national league is interested in working with Pizza Hut and other leaders to implement credentials for sustainable waste management and provides financial benefits and positive environmental impact,” said Clarence E. Anthony, CEO and Executive Director National League of Cities
Task 1.2(b): Write a report on the agreed procedures for ‘disposing of waste’
Humans have always produce waste and disposed of it in some way, so waste management is not a new issue. What has changed are the types and amounts of waste produced, the methods of disposal, and the human values and perceptions of what should be done with it.
Every waste shall be managed in different ways which are discussed below:
- Encourage people to create and bring waste-free launches. For example, they can bring sandwiches or soup in reusable containers, packed simply do not save money, but laptops can be a healthier alternative to buy (Brady, 2017).
- Ask people to bring and share their favorite dishes with food share colleagues to contribute to internal meetings and events. This will avoid the waste produced by external caterers. Encourage feeding people to reduce the cost of food.
- Select suppliers who use recycling packaging. For example, ethical superstores use recycled paper to protect their products instead of the bushel mode which is not recyclable.
- Only the required quantity order is given to ensure the order of external print jobs. Extra are often offered at a lower price, they are not needed and are thrown away.
- Print the default printers on their printers and show how they can change the printer settings, to make sure all the paper is printed on both sides.
- Reduce the number of internal waste bin numbers and increase the number of building recycling bills.
- Ask suppliers to accept packaging or to provide refundable credit or boxes. For example – ask cadets to collect their trays after the event.