Table of Contents
1.1 Difference between Personnel Management and HRM giving examples in Posh Nosh.
1.2 Assess how HRM functions help the Posh Nosh in achieving its purpose.
1.3 Evaluate the roles and responsibilities of line managers in Posh Nosh and how they support HRM functions
1.4 Analyse how legal and regulatory framework impact human resource management for Posh Nosh
2.1 Analysing the reasons for human resource planning at Posh Nosh.
2.2 Outline the stages that Posh Nosh can adapt in planning human resource requirements.
2.3 Compare the recruitment and selection process at Posh Nosh with Hosh Nosh.
2.4 Evaluate the effectiveness of the recruitment and selection techniques in the Posh Nosh and Sainsbury’s
3.1 Link between motivation theory and its reward in Posh Nosh.
3.2 Evaluate the key elements involved in the job evaluation process and other factors determining pay in Posh Nosh
3.3 Effectiveness of reward systems in different contexts of Posh Nosh Limited.
3.4 Methods adopted by Posh Nosh to monitor employee performance.
4.1 Identify the circumstance under which employees are likely to cease employment with special references to Posh Nosh. What can such an organization do to reduce employee turnover?
4.2 Employment exit procedures used by Posh Nosh and Sainsbury’s.
4.3 Impact of the legal and regulatory framework on employment cessation.
HRM performs a significant role in the overall performance of any business in any company. A clear understanding of the operations of HRM plays a vital role in a business (Mullins, 2014). This paper will discuss on the basis of the number of areas of human resource management exercised by Posh Nosh. Posh Nosh Ltd. delivers high-quality dishes for over 25 years in the UK. The company strives to fabricate excellence in both food and service. The company has experience in event catering and its management team has its involved in organizing and coordinating events and weddings. The organizational structure at Posh Nosh is flat where the CEO controls all issues related to HR activities (Posh-Nosh, 2016). The main areas such as personal management, recruitment, and selection, reward, and performance for the company will be covered in this paper. In the end, methods of the sessions of employment will be elaborated at Posh Nosh.
Our Recommended Resources:
1.1 Difference between Personnel Management and HRM giving example in Posh Nosh
What is HRM?
Human Resource Management manages employment in the company. Its main focus is to recruit, manage, and provide direction to the people working in any organization. The HRM department organizes training sessions for the staff and assigns a strategic and comprehensive approach for managing the people and the culture at the workplace (Torrington, 2013).
What is PM?
Personnel Management is an administrative function of an organization and it handles the people working in an organization. According to Torrington (2013), it is to say that personal management is concerned with human resource management. It involves the relationship between employees and concerns the development of employees.
Differences between HRM and PM
- HRM treats employees as a resource and on the other hand, PM ensures that the contribution of people is required to achieve the results.
- Personal management is the traditional approach to manage the employees and human resource management is the modern approach of managing the people at the workplace.
- The main focus of personal management is on personal administration, employee welfare, and employee relations, and the focal point of human resource management is on the development, encouragement, and maintenance of the organization.
- Personal management presumes people as an input to accomplish desired results, while human resource management thinks of people as a significant and valuable resource for the achievement of the desired output.
- Personal management designs the job on the basis of division of labor, while human resource management designs the job on account of teamwork.
- Personal management provide less training and development opportunities to the employees while on the other hand, according to human resource management there are more opportunities for training and development for the employees
- Personnel management is concerned with personal managers and human resource management is concerned with all levels of managers.
- Personal management is a routine function while HRM is a strategic function (Torrington, 2013).
It is noted that there were no formal HR functions at Posh Nosh. The organizational structure at Posh Nosh is considered as a flat structure where HR issues are handled by the CEO due to the SME. While evoking expansion plans, the experienced team at Posh Nosh works to create a unique experience to make an event successful (Posh-Nosh, 2016).
The personal management team at posh nosh is very much involved in organizing and coordinating events. It is noted that the waiting staff at Posh Nosh have been provided with full training about its service techniques and style. The chefs of this company have the ability and expertise to the chef at any event with any menu (posh-nosh, 2016).
It is to say that the staff at Posh Nosh work as a complete team to ensure the delivery of services is done properly. HRM would be a better approach for Posh Nosh because it is very important to manage oneself effectively and efficiently for the accomplishment of the goals of any organization. It is also to say that HRM deals with human beings and makes arrangements for the development of employees and creates strong bonds between the company and employees. HRM is the modern approach to manage people at any workplace.
In order to conclude this task, it is disclosed that PM deals with the administrative function of the human resources of any organization. It encourages the workforce with training and development programs. Posh Nosh limited is discussed as a flat structured organization where the main control is with the CEO of the company. No formal functions of Humana resources been seen at Posh Nosh. HRM is discussed as a better approach for Posh Nosh as it includes the functions of employment, development, and encouragement for the employees.
1.2 Assess how HRM functions help the Posh Nosh in achieving its purpose
Fombrun and Devanna (2014) disclosed that the functions of HRM have brought an important influence on Posh Nosh with the use of various strategies while achieving business targets…………….