Table of Contents
P1 (1.1) TASKS THAT SUPPORT THE FUNCTIONAL AREAS.
P2 (1.2) FACTORS THAT ARE INVOLVED WHILE WORKING IN AN INTERNATIONAL SUPPORTING ROLE.
P3 (2.1) VARIATION OF SUPPORT ROLES IN DIFFERENT ORGANIZATIONS.
P4 (3.1) EFFECTIVENESS OF SUPPORT ROLES IN SELECTED ORGANIZATIONS.
P5 (4.1) PLANS TIME AND RESOURCES FOR SUPPORT TASKS.
P6 (4.2) PROCEDURES AND POLICIES IN PROVIDING SUPPORT FOR AN ACTIVITY.
As a local newspaper’s junior journalist, my duty is to give ideas for running a local business’s feature article. This article’s purpose is to establish the significance of giving efficient or effective help to the business. On the other hand, it must be capable to develop the knowledge or skills for functioning different tasks to help the activities of the business. This assignment is divided into six main tasks. Firstly, functional areas of the organization named Primark are described by the task. Secondly, different factors which are involved while working in the international support role are explained. Thirdly, in what way they support roles vary in several organizations are described. Fourthly, the support roles’ effectiveness in the organization named Boots is clarified. Fifthly, a plan for resources and time for support roles is made by this task. Last, of all, this task refers to the appropriate policies or procedures in giving support for the activity.
P1 (1.1) TASKS THAT SUPPORT THE FUNCTIONAL AREAS
Businesses have many functional areas, these are important in ensuring the business runs efficiently. Here, 4 functional areas are described as below:
- Human Resource Management (HR). This is the management of a business’s workforce or people. It is responsible for several things including the selection, training and assessment of employees, making sure that employment and labor laws are complied with and ensuring the leadership of the company overseen properly (Bell, 2017). In smaller companies, the HR department may just be a few trained staff, but in larger organizations, there will be a whole department focused on HR.
- Customer services are the provision of services to customers both before during and after the sale, it is designed to improve customer satisfaction and to ensure the product has met the expectations of the customers. A bad experience of customer service can change the customer’s opinion of the whole organization therefore it’s important that employees must be able to ensure the customer leaves having got what they wanted and are happy (Bell, 2017).
- The finance functional area is crucial in any organization as if the money is not managed properly then the company will not be successful. This department would be responsible for the accounting side of the business, so managing money going in and out of the business. They are also involved with investing money into new facilities and machinery and also paying the shareholder dividends and employees’ wages (Bell, 2017).
- The marketing function focuses on getting the message out to the customers, for example, the value of a product or service. It includes market research, publicity, distribution and most importantly advertising and sales promotion. It’s about communication to the customers and figuring out exactly what they want, then promoting it in a way that will show them how good it is for them.
- Training and development for the workers is the task that helps this functional area as the trained or skilled workers are the organization’s valuable asset. Training and development are given to the worker’s benefits of the organization as it develops the performance of the organization thru development in the efficiency of the employees. Risk management is considered an important element to safeguard from the risks regarding human resource (Bell, 2017).
P2 (1.2) FACTORS THAT ARE INVOLVED WHILE WORKING IN AN INTERNATIONAL SUPPORTING ROLE
International marketing is very different from domestic marketing. There are a whole host of issues when marketing internationally that a business does not normally have to deal with when marketing in their own country. There are different factors that are involved while working in an international supporting role which is described as below:
Language, more specifically translation, needs to be paid very close attention to when doing international marketing. There have been some embarrassing mistakes in international advertising that most likely did not help companies sell their product. Language problems are funny to an outsider but can spell financial disaster for your international business if you are not careful (Bellefemme and Peitz, 2017).
Entering international markets can be very difficult for some companies because of some countries’ eating habits. Many international fast-food chains such as Kentucky Fried Chicken, Wendy’s and Mcdonald’s had to start offering menu selections with rice dishes in order to break into the Asian market.
Many times a country to which you would like to sell a product has extreme regional differences that must be accounted for when marketing (Bellefemme and Peitz, 2017). A perfect example of this is Canada; they have large French-speaking populations that are culturally much different than the English-speaking communities found throughout the rest of the country.
Culture and personality combine to shape consumer behavior in every particular region of the world or country. When a person wants to market a product to a foreign country he/she needs to first determine whether it is an individualistic society or a collective society.
Age and other demographics play a key role in international marketing just as they do in domestic marketing; companies have to pay very close attention to them (Bellefemme and Peitz, 2017). This illustrates the importance of understanding age and other demographics on a potential country that might sell the goods or services to since they are both reliable and used in making marketing decisions…………………………..