Table of Contents
1) Define the key characteristics of any project
2) List and briefly explain the five (5) key stages in Project Management?
3) What is the purpose of the Project Initiation Document (PID)? List three items that could be found in the PID.
4) List nine knowledge areas in Project Management and briefly explain the importance of any two of them.
5) List five attributes or characteristics of a project manager and briefly discuss or explain the importance of any two of them.
6) Who is a stakeholder? Briefly explain the purpose of stakeholder analysis and why it is important in project management.
7) Draw the corresponding network diagram and show the critical path.
2.1 Project Life Cycle.
2.1.1 Project conception and Initiation.
2.1.2 Project Definition and Planning.
- Project delivery and close.
- Project Performance and control
- Project launch or Execution.
2.1.3 Project launch or Execution.
2.1.4 Project Performance and control
2.1.5 Project delivery and close.
A project can be defined as a temporary activity for the fulfillment of a certain goal by a definite budget. A Kerzner (2016) note, a project has the following characteristics:
- No similarity: The objective of one project is not similar to other projects
- Short duration: the duration of a project is short, not large
- Budget: a budget is required to complete the project
- Goals and purposes: a project consists of goals and specific purposes
- Team effort: a project is accomplished by the team working
- Uncertainty: a project has risk and uncertainty about future outcomes
- Technical activity: a project has some technical activities
- Conflict: the existence of conflict is the common nature of the project
List and briefly explain the five (5) key stages in Project Management?
Horine (2016) explained that project management indicates what the project manager does. It has several key stages that discussed in the following step by step:
- Project Initiation
Project initiation is the beginning stage of the project. It indicates the completion of the preliminary task of the project including documentation and feasibility study. The documents are needed for understanding the necessary equipment for starting the project and a feasibility study is needed for the reliability of the project.
- Project Planning
In the 2nd stage; project planning is needed. Project planning is defined as the process of finding the requirements in advance. The cost estimation, identification of risks and problems, strategic goals, team working process, and leadership technique are included in the project planning (Eden, 2016).
Our Recommended Resources:
- Project Execution
In the 3rd stage; the project plan has to implement in the practical project field. The better execution of the project plan is the prime task of the project manager. The project manager always forecasts the future; evaluates the present status and tracks the progress at this stage of the project.
- Project Monitoring and Control
The project monitor indicates the observation and controls the quality of performance and the quality of output of the projects. This is indicated as the best method of increasing the overall performance not only the team members but also the overall project.
- Project Closure
At the final stage of project management; the report is delivered to the users according to the interest of the stakeholders. Here the project analysis and the report are prepared for evaluating the whole project activities.
What is the purpose of the Project Initiation Document (PID)? List three items that could be found in the PID
Clarizen (2018) said that the Project Initiation Document (PID) is regarded as an important document of a project. It is no doubt this PID not only important for the project manager but also important for the whole project succession. The main purpose of PID is to determine the required tools, techniques and funds of the project. According to follow the PID; the plan, goals, and objectives of the firm are prepared. Justification of the project, Communication, and Planning of the project are the three key items of the Project Initiation Document (PID)…………………….