Unit 1: Business culture and responsibilities
Learning Outcome: 01
Task 1.1 Produce a report on ‘improving the sustainability within a business environment’ by ‘analyzing the benefits of keeping the waste to a minimum.
Sustainability depends mostly on the proper management approaches of waste and raw materials within a business environment. The global challenges related to industrial production square measure multifarious, involving economic, social, and environmental considerations (Hart and Milstein, 2003). Firms’ pursuance of property is often explained by employing a type of psychological feature base and applying a myriad of theoretical views (Lozano et al., 2015).
Environmental: Recent analysis on environmental property suggests that firms’ engagement in inexperienced values, adoption of a proactive approach to global climate change, and stress on property square measure all driven by the necessity for a long-run competitive advantage (Esty and Winston, 2006, Holliday, 2001, Nidumolu et al., 2009). Property business practices have implications for just about every side of a firm’s business model (Hart and Milstein, 2003), and therefore the pursuit of environmental property is joined with structure identity.
Social: Social impact plays an important role in reducing the waste of a business firm. The problems interconnected with people living in a social environment are pollutions, air pollutions, soil pollutions, etc. All sorts of lives of animals are hampered by the risk of the ecosystem. The social value of the company reduces instead of reducing costs against reducing waste. The marketer needs to verify the methods of reducing waste to a minimum portion. They need to ensure the social factors safety and security so that the reputations exist as well as before they hold (Lozano et al., 2015).
Economic: This factor impacting the procedures of reducing waste has both advantages and disadvantages like cost, management, carrying, reusing. It is costly but the straightforward system of casting the waste to the landfill can reduce the cost and make revenue by lessening the tax of government agencies. The proper management of waste can gain extra profit for the company. They can minimize their cost of buying raw materials by reusing the prepared materials or parts from the waste. It is very beneficial for the company to go ahead with the goal of the company.
Task 1.2(a): Write a report on the agreed procedures for ‘recycling’
There are various procedural techniques applied in the Tesco Corporation to reduce their industrial waste to a minimum, (Tesco, 2018). They used to prepare their working environment more flexibly for the certainty of working on behalf of the employee. For this, they try to make their waste refined through scientific and agreed strategies ensuring safety and security for a single living animal around them. Recycling in the workplace is becoming more and more commonplace as businesses look for ways to reduce waste disposal costs and operate in an environmentally sustainable way, (Cuyahoga County, 2018). This step-by-step guide was published by the Cuyahoga County Solid Waste District to give a marketer the tools he needs to plan and implement a successful recycling program. No matter if one’s business is big or small; the Solid Waste District can help him design a program that works for him. This program can be designed for the company with the following strategies:
- The marketer should form a green team and set goals
- Reviewing marketer’s current waste disposal contract and waste collection system
- Conduct a waste sort
- Research and select a recycling and/or food waste composting company
- Plan and implement the marketer recycling collection system
- Educating one’s employees
Our Recommended Resources:
Keys to a successful program
- Make sure all custodial employees know how the recycling and/or food composting system will work and what is expected of them.
- Place all one’s central recycling containers in areas that are commonly used by employees like copy machines and printer locations. This will make recycling convenient. Placing signs at these locations so employees know what to place in each recycling bin.
- Have a kickoff event for his recycling program. Give each employee a desk-side bin with a flier that shows what can be recycled and how to recycle. He may be able to have your recycling information printed on the desk-side bin by his supplier.
- Don’t chastise; give praise for even small successes.
- Provide a feedback mechanism to improve the program and troubleshoot any problems. • Include recycling information in his new-hire orientation process.
- Use the marketer’s green team as cheerleaders for your program. They can be on hand to answer questions and encourage participation.
- Post bulletin board flyers that give specific instructions on what and how to recycle. Include charts that show recycling success.
Task 1.2(b): Write a report on the agreed procedures for ‘disposing of waste’
Table a pair of Waste step-down measures vs. Industrial Ecology principles (Pongrácz, 2004). Waste step-down measures Industrial Ecology principles each molecule that enters a selected producing method ought to leave that method as a part of the in-demand product. Re-use of product or elements of product disassembling of complicated product and re-use of parts each method and products ought to be designed to preserve the embedded utility of the materials used…………..